Stressed plants and turf are commonplace in Arizona. An all-too-common remedy is to simply turn up the water. This is a costly waste of a scarce resource and usually only covers up an irrigation system problem. At Clean Cut, we believe it is essential to incorporate a more responsible, sustainable solution. Our proactive approach includes regular visits by certified irrigation staff to properly adjust and repair your irrigation according to seasonal needs. We start by developing a water and financial conservation program, which may include a thorough water audit.
We only water to the plant’s need.
A typical water audit includes:
- Evaluate historic water usage data. This data will be used to compare what has been used to what should be used.
- Calculate turf area and plant material to determine your realistic water budget goal; how much water will be required.
- Test the existing system to ensure all the irrigation components function properly. Often, significant water savings are achieved by simply fixing and adjusting the existing irrigation system.
- Field test each zone of the irrigation system. The precipitation rate and efficiency of each irrigation zone is collected using specialized water collection devices, placed in a grid pattern throughout the landscape. Usually each station or zone is tested separately. The water collected in the catch cans are measured and recorded.
- All the data obtained will be used to provide a calculated and realistic water budget goal.
- Finally, our certified irrigation techs will continue to perform weekly checks and maintenance of the irrigation system to monitor the progress of our established goals.